To test whether you have successfully learned the different parts of this course, you should attempt these questions. This chapter quiz should highlight the areas you need to recap as well, before moving on to the novice course. Solutions are at the end.
- It is white to move, what is the outcome of this position is it a draw or a loss?
2. White has not yet moved either rook or the king, is white able to castle in this position, and why?
3. Can black win this position, and how?
4. What is the correct notation for the move played in this position below?
5. What is the correct notation for the move played in this position below?
6. How does white checkmate black in 1 move?
7. How does white checkmate black in 1 move?
8. How does black checkmate white in 2 moves?
9. What is the result of this position, is it won/drawn?
10. CHALLENGE! White to play and win.